Create machine account

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Hi, how can i create a new machine account into the domain?

Thanks-

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM

This functionality is currently broken in the released version of this IP.  It has been fixed in the release for Orchestrator 2012 (project site is http://scorch.codeplex.com) but I have not had time to back port it to the Opalis version (it is a simple fix but I need to re-compile the IP).  The object that should facilitate this is "add new comptuer"

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Just backported this object and added the delete computer account object from the scorch release. Try the new v1.8 and let me know how it works for you!

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Thanks i have installed the right version but can you tell me how to create the flow to create the new account?

Thanks

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I have v1.8, and I am unable to create a computer account. I get "Unknown exception caught".

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I have v1.8, and I am unable to create a computer account. I get "Unknown exception caught".

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM

What are you using as inputs ben

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:04 PM

For the Computer Account Name, I'm using "testserver", and for the Destination OU Path, I'm going straight to ADSI Edit to get the value of the Distinguished Name of the OU. I'm a domain admin, and I can use other actions within the IP without problems, so I know my connection to the DC is OK.