Set Object Property Value Object Question

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:16 AM
Edited Jun 23, 2011 at 7:18 AM

I'm interested in using the Set Object Property Value - but since there's no help or documentation associated with the IP, I have no idea what values I can use in the "Property Name" field.

In my example, I want to populate the "notes' field (it's in the "telephone' tab in the AD User properties) for a user in AD.  In the 'property name' field I entered "Notes and then the text I wanted to populate in the value field.  For what it's worth, I'm running this using the System Center Orchestrator 2012 beta on a 2008 R2 server.  BUT, the IP seems to work fine as I'm using the disable user and remove user from group with no issue.

This is the error I get when the workflow hits this object.

The requested operation did not satisfy one or more constraints associated with the class of the object.

Exception: DirectoryServicesCOMException
Target site: DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges

Stack trace:
   at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
   at Active_Directory.setObjectPropertyValue.<setPropertyValue>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Opalis.QuickIntegrationKit.Framework.Core.FilterSet.Filter(IEnumerable values)
   at Opalis.QuickIntegrationKit.Framework.Core.FilteredResponse.PublishRange(IEnumerable values)
   at Active_Directory.setObjectPropertyValue.Execute(IOpalisRequest request, IOpalisResponse response)

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Hey Ken,

Good to know that you got this resolved! Yes, all objects in this IP assume that they will be passed a full LDAP Path. In your workflows you can use “Get Object LDAP Path” to look it up at run time (you can pass this a query and it will return you the results)

Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:13 AM
To: Ryan Andorfer
Subject: Re: Set Object Property Value Object Question [OpalisADExtension:262455]

Just FYI - I resolved this. With the Opalis native AD IP, you didn't need the LDAP:// prefix in the value fields. With this IP, you do. Once I figured this out - it works fine.

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM

...Actually - i didn't resolve THIS issue - I resolved the LDAP:// prefix issue, but still can't figure out how to use the set object property object as described in the original post.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Hey Ken,

I am doing some updates today and will look into this and get back to you soon (End of Day)

-Ryan

Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:04 AM
To: Ryan Andorfer
Subject: Re: Set Object Property Value Object Question [OpalisADExtension:262455]

...Actually - i didn't resolve THIS issue - I resolved the LDAP:// prefix issue, but still can't figure out how to use the set object property object as described in the original post.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Ken,

After a bit of investigation the notes field under the 'telephone tab' is actually called 'info' in the AD schema.  The easiest way to find this sort of information out is to use the 'get object property values' object in the IP.  This will return a list of all of the propertiest of the objects with their property names and current property values.  I just put some testing information into the notes field of a user than ran this object against it and looked for the property name that had the correct property value (notes i put into the notes field).  I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please post again!

-Ryan